Shoreditch based jewellery designer Leyla Cemalstarted her brand in 2011 after leaving a fashion house to start designing full time. Heavily influenced by her love of astrology, her designs are fuelled by late night creativity,where midnight moments at her workshop bench lead to creations like her sell out Helix Ring and dreamy Date with the Night Bracelet.We caught up with Leyla to see what's inspiring her right now
1) Searching for Sugarman-This feel good music documentary is totally inspiring
2) Man's Search for Meaning This is a deep book about identifying a purpose in life and positivity. When you spend so much time alone designing, honing, and crafting beautiful products, you just hope they are for a purpose and that someone will take ac hance on your hard work!
3) My puppy reminds me to appreciate life's simple pleasures
4) Brunch at The Royal Oak in Bethnal Green. There's such a great atmosphere and creative energy in East London.
5) Space- it puts everything into perspective for me. There is so much beauty in the stars and so much uncertainty and undiscovered creations, that it reminds me to break new design boundaries and embrace the unknown.
So what you didn't make it to San Diego for Comic Con this year? You missed the geek booths, free stuff and panels. But hey you also missed the lines so things aren't so bad. As for the celebs? Hands down Lily Collins was the hottest chick there whilst Jamie Campbell-Bower stole every geek girl heart in the room- hitting up the comic fans with tons of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones love ahead of the film release next month. That we just so happen to be doing the jewellery for!
As official jewellery supplier for the The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones film, our rad jewellery collection is now available to pre-order online
Glow in the Dark rings, Clairvoyant hoops, and Spinner Rune pendants
Zena graduated from Edinburgh College of Art with an illustration degree in 2004 and taught herself jewellery design post-graduation. Now head of a cult- followed brand she continues to keep her collections fresh with a hit of pixelated fun and playful nostalgia. We love wearing Zena's designs, not only are they eye-catching and quirky, but made with such a level of care and with the highest quality materials. Zena we heart your care bear soul.
Raven black hair and vamp red lips, Lana Del Rey's new goth look is a far cry away from the strawberry blonde we once knew. But we love it- its racy and so fall 2013 so in homage to her new style we picked out a jewellery box for Lana featuring the..
1) Alona Jordana Necklace £160- This rad chain choker necklace is the perfect way to add a tough luxe edge to a spring look. Hand Made in the UK and engraved with 'What Goes Around..' we've had stylist and fashion editors vying to get their hands on this piece!
'Drawn from our dark romance collection based on medieval architecture, this ring has a sleek sweeping form. A sculptural quality, creates an eye catching edge whilst the pavé in the shoulders are very unusual and highlight the central stone. ' says Duke Street based designer Alexander Davis
£6,800.00. Available in Gold, White Gold, Platinum or Sterling Silver. Set with the Diamond of your choice. Alex will recommend a diamond for you in his London Shop at 1 A Duke Street.
Award winning designer Alexander Davis has created this beautiful engagement ring for the girl of your dreams. This ring is unique and unforgettable and as you have found the perfect partner you have now found the perfect ring.
To arrange a private meeting with Alexander Davis to ensure your ring is perfectly sized please call 0207242447.